As a family – We are a team.
As parents we want you to be the best you can be.
We want you to have every opportunity and take those opportunities that are true to yoursslf – i.e. the ones you want to.
Because we live in London the sky is the limit – you can do anything.
We will earn enough money for you to have and do anything you want – but here’s the tough bit – if you can do anything – be anything – what will you be?
To have all this we need space and thinking time to balance our lives and make money.it can’t all be hard work for us. We can’t be happy if it is.
It’s your responsibility not to waste our time and mental energy with things you can do yourself. It’s your job to not make this time waste – but if you do – to clear it up..
What’s standing in the way of maximum happiness for the family is stress caused by not enough time. Not enough time to think, not enough time to talk. Not enough time to have fun.
So don’t contribute to that stress.
As parents we will:
Try to stay healthy and live as long as we can.
Try to be happy.
Have our own lives together and on our own
We will provide the best environment we can for you:
- Freedom and trust.
- Love and respect
- Interest in you
- A sounding board for problem solvingmoney
- decent food
- have a decent clean house you can bring your friends home to.
- Cool clean clothes.
- Any lessons or clubs you want – unlimited.
- Any transport you need 24/7 – you and up to 3 friends.
- The best medical care we can get for you
We won’t both do all of these. We are not interchangeable. Mum will provide more of the money, transport, clean clothes. Dad will provide more of the interest and food.
As children you need to:
- Have your own lives – together with the family and increasingly – with others and on your own
- Get prepared to be independent
- Show self respect and care about yourself
- Be healthy
- Take advantage of opportunities you are interested in
- Treat each other and us with respect
- Try to be as kind to family members as you are to your friends
- Take responsibility for your things – don’t lose or ruin them
- Make sure you have a decent clean house and room for visitors
- Don’t make work or waste mum and Dads time with clearing up after you or asking them to find things you have lost
- Don’t drive us mad
- Don’t be freeloaders
Our home is also mum’s work environment and no-one can concentrate if they have to work in a rubbish tip.
No devices – 8-8.30 morning.
Anyone has the right to 15 minutes uninterrupted talking to another family member every day if they want to. Book it in.
This family will only work if we are all take responsibility for being happy